Read my lips...he had a pretty good resume [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
The first Bush was probably one of the most qualified ever.
1) Yale Graduate
2) Military man
3) Capital Hill Representative
4) Head of the CIA
5) Vice President
That was a pretty impressive resume. Though i would rank his presidency as about average. I guess that just shows that personal intangibles and circumstances beyond ones control go a long way to shape a presidency.
Read my lips...he had a pretty good resume [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
This is worth looking at by everyone,,, found it very interesting...
http://appalachianforums.com/dcdb.pl...mes;read=90644
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it takes more than just a huge following to become President
[/ QUOTE ] democrats learned in 2000.
what kind of qualifications do you need to be president then?
Since apparently there are no democrats that are worthy to be in office. Maybe if Kerry had gotten a DUI while at Yale or if his father had gotten him out of goin to war?
[/ QUOTE ]
That SOB didn't go to war. He did go to 'Nam with his camera crew, but he DID NOT go to war. That was nothing but a publicity stunt and his "purple hearts" were a sham. The man should be ashamed of the mockery he made of the rest of us. But as we all know, he has no shame. Nor is he a MAN.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
hey Dane...^^^^ I called it!!...what was it, an hour and a half maybe?
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
[ QUOTE ]
The first Bush was probably one of the most qualified ever.
1) Yale Graduate
2) Military man
3) Capital Hill Representative
4) Head of the CIA
5) Vice President
[/ QUOTE ]
and i couldnt agree more with your statements on George H. Bush. In fact I applaud Reagan on what he accomplished and all the stuff he started while in office.
As far as Clinton smoking pot, I'd be willing to be to bet Bush did his far share of experimentation I just don't see why people made such a huge deal about this. Honestly take a survey, please of every male and female who lived through the 60s early 70s and if atleast 75% of them havent "tried marijuana" then I will personally retire from this sports forum.
What is more dangerious Clinton sittin in a dorm room listenin to some Pink Floyd or Bush behind the wheel intoxicated.
People wanna throw Clinton out to the dogs beause he made some mistakes whether it be experimenting with a recreational drug or experimenting with his intern.
And whenever someone compliments the stuff Clinton did in office, republicans are so quick to point out he did nothing-he jus carried over what George H. did, if that was the case every president in america sucked except george washington.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
"That SOB didn't go to war. He did go to 'Nam with his camera crew, but he DID NOT go to war. That was nothing but a publicity stunt and his "purple hearts" were a sham. The man should be ashamed of the mockery he made of the rest of us. But as we all know, he has no shame. Nor is he a MAN."
One of the best posts I've seen in awhile...It would have disgraced everyone of you that ever served in Vietnam if that man would have been elected President...and it would have been shameful to the country as well. Low life backstabbing snitches have no business in the White House or Senate for that matter. He should have married Jane Fonda and moved to Cuba.
Oh please, its amazing how half of the people who were with him said he did his duty and deserved his purple heart and the other half said he didn't. Now I'll not try and pretend that the half that said he did were probably not mostly Democrats, but lets not pretend that the others weren't Republicans. One of the most outspoken was what a local office Republican leader, the entire campaign was funded straight by the GOP.
I've seen the videos of George W. flipping off cameras, we got him cussing on video, we know he's been stopped for drinking and driving. There isn't none of them great, but to sit here and try to throw off on Kerry, who at least DID serve but saying he didn't do anything good, when you're backing someone who didn't, seems a slight bit biased, jaded and warped.
I guess Allen was ok throwing a likely racist comment because he didn't mean it but if Webb does something he'll be a lying SOB who doesn't have a moral fiber in him. Look I liked Allen and voted for him previously but I will not vote for him this time. Not because so much that I like Webb. Honestly I don't but if I wanted George Bush as a senator I'd ask him to move here. I appreciate there in the same party but I don't want someone who can't question or oppose someone. Think. If you agree, fine. If you disagree now and then, fine too but don't just go oh he's a Democrat he's great or he's a Republican he's great. We got too many on this board and in this area who go "my great grandfather was a Democrat, my grandfather was a Democrat, my dad is a Democrat and I'm one by God" or vice versa for the Republican party. Look I'll be the first to admit John Kerry was not a great candidate, but at least I'm honest enough to admit it. Was he better than Bush? That's up to interpretation and honestly we won't know because we never got to find out and even if he won it later, it wouldn't be in the same context, same conditions that Bush was serving in. Just think in this terms, you want to say that Bush got the majority and that he deserved being president, that's fine. The majority think he is doing a lousy job as president and you can't say the majority has its voice one time and did right one time and doesn't the next and be honest.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
You guys might wanna check for yourself- he was on active duty , he did pilot the boat and some of the missions were quite hot. Bush stayed in Texas, wonder who is dumber? Who believes anything that is written? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] PS this is a thread comment.
i hear crickets chirping...
good post rock
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Bookmarks